Monday 6 July 2015

Picnics and rain...

I have to say that I am a massive fan of picnics! It's just something about them! The fresh air, the food and most of the times the booze are the main reasons why I do enjoy a delightful picnic! So, since the weather has decided to be splendid for the time being (and the people that live in London would know that most of the time the weather is grey and miserable), a friend of mine and I had decided to have a picnic on Sunday! All planned, the entire week I checked the weather app on my phone! The temperature was meant to be great, not too hot and not too cold, with a breeze and some clouds! So on Saturday I made the food plan and I took the conscious decision to... Bake! Now you see, I know since I was a little girl my mom's dream was always for me to become some sort of domestic goddess! But my rebellious nature went and ruined that plan! At least until about 3 years ago when I became serious about my cooking skills! So I learned how to make mean paellas, outstanding chicken and sausage casseroles and when I am in the mood I can bake an apple tart that looks and tastes like heaven (and those compliments come from all of my friends that have tried my food).
So on Sunday morning at around 7 am I woke up and like the domestic goddess my mum always envisioned that I would become, I attached an apron to myself and went to bake puff pastries! Between the goat cheese, the spinach and chickpeas blending, I forgot to notice the rain! I have got to admit, I am not a big fan of picnics while I get soaking wet, but for the love of God I already baked a tomato, basil and mozzarella puff pastry and the second one was ready to go into the oven!
So when my friend texted me to ask if we should go for lunch instead, I went full British and decided that not even a tornado or a hurricane (both highly unlikely in London) would derail my picnic! For fudge's sake, I just spend my morning blending, chopping, cutting and baking! I would have not cared if I would have soaked and got a cold. I was that determined to have my picnic.
So in the end, even God must have been surprised by my domesticated nature as the sun decided to show up, the clouds disappeared and my friend and me had a lovely time! Between the eating and the laughter, we realized that we both suck at taking a selfie! So I will leave you with an animated image of my stubbornness to have a picnic!
If I would be so focused when it comes to my book I would not feel guilty on a daily base that I keep avoiding to write! I do have so many fun ways to procrastinate though, so it's just hard not to enjoy myself instead of writing...



I will have this picnic, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment