Tuesday 7 July 2015

"Happily never after"

Due to the nature of my research I keep watching these programs on Investigation Discovery that help me understand better the nature of my characters. And the amount of information in these programs could make even an idiot capable of committing the perfect crime (luckily for me I like my freedom too much and my mind stops being creative when it comes to murder - at least in real life).
But back to these programs: I have learned a thing or two to avoid.
1.         When someone asks you to marry him or her after a few weeks (in some cases after a few days) run as far as possible, as soon as possible and forever if possible. In the best-case scenario, the outcome is a quick divorce six months later. In other cases, the worst outcome is your body ditched somewhere or buried and with your grieving spouse finding consolation in his/hers lover’s arms. I think it has something to do with an overactive imagination and expectations. I assume that the adrenaline rush that you get when you do something unexpected, something out of the ordinary becomes addictive, and for some people the next rush it’s like a drug. Or they are just wiener-jackets (Thank you Starkid).
2.         The devil is in the details. Some of these people are quite creative when it comes to alibies, but most of them just get caught because they put too much effort into trying to look innocent. There was this case of this woman that made it look like a robbery to murder her husband. The little detail she forgot? No robber would go through every single drawer. She did not realise the fact that while she had the time to plan and open every drawer, a robber would not have the time.
3.         If you ever get a life insurance policy make sure no one knows about it. And the beneficiary is someone that will not want to murder you for the money. And if your partner insists on one, pack his bags and change the lock or even better, move. There is no point to take unnecessary risks.
4.         While most of the murderers suffer from some sort of mental disorder it’s still a case of good or bad. Sometimes it’s easier to blame someone’s behaviour on their childhood, or traumas suffered and even parents but in the end for me, at least, it’s just a question of understanding the difference between good and bad.
5.         When it comes to crime it does not matter if you are a man or a woman. It’s just a matter of pure crazy. And the poison of their choice is cyanide. Which is silly since no one that would commit suicide would die in such a terrible way. They would like to die fast, and painless if possible, I would presume.
Due to the pressure that we put on ourselves, the way society works nowadays I find that maybe it is easier to develop some sort of anxiety or stress related condition. But just because I feel sometimes burned out and sometimes I am annoyed with other people or disappointed in them it does not give me the right to harm them. No one has this right. I would think it would be easier to take a break from those people in your life that don’t deserve their place and cut them out than to murder them.




No comments:

Post a Comment