Saturday 11 July 2015

Inventive ways to procrastinate (number 1)


Like the name of the post here, I will make a list of the things I do in order to avoid writing (I do hope my first book will be published by the time I reach 50). Today for example instead of writing I decided to check in which Hogwarts house I would be placed. So I took a test. You must love Google. It’s a writer’s best friend in the moments when he/she decides to procrastinate. Because you see, you might be searching for something innocent (not me) and end up reading on or watching the most outlandish information ever (oh, Snape videos on YouTube like the one when he kills Osama Bin Laden or when he sings Adele - Someone like you). But today it was intentional. After I have decided I have waited enough for a Hogwarts acceptance letter (I cannot believe I am 25), I went in search of a way to apply myself. I don’t need a letter to tell me I am magic, I know I am. But you see, because I needed a strong reason to ignore my to so list today I decided to figure this out, as it's one of those things that have bugged me for a long time but never got around to sort out this issue. So I created myself a Pottermore account (and felt just a tad old when I had to confirm my birthday, but it's silly, I am sure there are enough apparent grown-ups out there with Pottermore accounts) and did the quiz to see where I was meant to be placed (or at least to know which costume to wear this year for Halloween or maybe for a Harry Potter soiree in celebration of my birthday). The results showed I am a Jigglypuff (in the words of a great teacher in A Harry Potter Sequel). For those of you that have no idea of what the fudge I mean, I belong to the Hufflepuff House. So now that my quest is sorted, I must learn some of those spells. And find the address for the Ministry of Magic.
What about my writing, you ask? Well knowing how to defend yourself in case of a Dementor attack is more important than a few thousand words added to my book, wouldn’t you say? And the teleportation feature and the brooms are quite handy since London is busy and the tube decided to stop providing people with a transportation method. And Lumos is useful, I would assume since I can't use it as I need to invest some free time into the purchase of my wand. Maybe I should visit Diagon Alley today. 
So yes, that’s an understandable reason to why I used my morning to find out how can I become a student at Hogwarts. I presume that later this evening I will kick my bottom into gear and at least do some research in case Lady Inspiration decides to avoid me again. Or maybe, Gentleman Inspiration…
And I will get back to Google and I feel like a vicious circle forms. Will post tomorrow where my day research took me. I hope it would be away from YouTube and silly little videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment