Tuesday 21 July 2015

Idiotically Happy...

I know that as a writer I should avoid adverbs like the devil avoids Holly water, but I found that the phrase used as a post title is the only way to express my current feeling. 
I woke up with a silly grin on my face – no reason for that – and the day continued like that. In the morning, I managed to once again shatter a bowl on my kitchen floor. I called my mother to ask her if I have any Greek blood in me, and her reply, bless her little cotton socks, was that I will get married. The milk pouring down my pyjama top was my reaction followed by the five minutes of laughter. When this period of clumsiness started I thought of it to be annoying. Now I just ignore it. My hoover and I have never been this close. I already had to purchase a new set of Bible Juice Glasses as I have managed to destroy Karl and all of his friends. And I will soon have to purchase some new bowls. Now that I think about it, my future husband owes me the glasses and bowls, as I don't want to invest any money in something that will shatter at one point or another on the floor. Until then, plastic is my best option.
And in the afternoon I managed to burn my puff pastry. I only have myself to blame. I lost the time due to my addiction to trashy TV. And by trashy I mean investigation shows, for research purposes. 
But the activity that has made me idiotically happy – or maybe I am just so exhausted I mistake fatigue with happiness, is Muay Thai K-Boxing. This is my third week to kick and punch and knee and everything that has to do with Muay Thai.  And even after getting kicked in the face and unceremoniously fell on my backside while my leg was still in my partner’s hands, I still love it.  I have to admit maybe, I did not get it the first time I attended a class. When my partner asked me what’s my first instinct when I see a fist flying towards the face, my reply was: “Run! Fast and far away!” But now I can see it. It’s when adrenaline kicks, when you are surrounded by a great group of people, when you look like a complete mess, when the time passes without you looking at the clock once, that’s the moment when I realised Muay Thai K-boxing is fun. No matter the amount of bruises I model (I think they make look like a bad a*s – I know I said no bad words, but trust me if you would see my legs you would understand that no other words in my writer vocabulary can describe my current hyped up feeling). Between boxing and Muay Thai, my dream of a ninja-spy-assassin career is closer than I thought. Just in case writing doesn’t pan out for me. Or in case I will not have new ideas for novels, I could always use my experience as a spy. 
I just have to say thanks (and sorry) to my instructor Rob. Thanks for great laughs and an amazing atmosphere. And for the fact that no matter how tired I feel I still attend the classes. And after 90 minutes of sweating like no lady should, I walk home with a smile on my face. 

Something I can add to my spy CV...

No comments:

Post a Comment