Thursday 25 June 2015

First instincts, writing and crazy ideas...

I think I should make some new house rules now that I started to write again just so I avoid certain accidents like tonight. You see, sometimes I just can’t write. It’s not because I don’t have the story in my head or the characters, it's when I see that blank page that’s it. Every coherent thought decides to abandon ship, my brain becomes foggy and my mind decides to debate if I should have a healthy dinner or just go for those amazing Vietnamese rolls from the restaurant next door. But no, tonight I decided to check the strength of my bed. Let me just admit from the beginning that it was a ridiculous dumb idea, even for me (as you will see throughout this blog I have an arsenal of dumb ideas that I have to try out no matter what might happen).
So due to lack of inspiration I have decided to jump on my bed. Literally 15 seconds later my bed broke. And it feels like I gave myself a bruise in an area of my body that might be hard to explain. Well, it is easy to explain but I am an apparent grown-up so no one would believe that I bruised myself while jumping on my bed cause I could not write. I could always say that I did it while climbing (even though I can’t remember the last time I went climbing). But going back to the broken bed, the bruised… well, ego and the lack of inspiration. If feels that Lately I find all of these creative and inspirational procedures to keep myself from facing that blank page on my Mac.
So new rule: I am not to jump the bed when I feel uninspired. I would better use my time going for a run, or eating a chocolate, or baking cupcakes and pretending to paint.
In the end, I went for those Vietnamese Rolls (I had to award myself with them for my inspired procrastination process). So now I try to fix my bed and think how to get rid of the red stains from my ceiling (another inspired idea - but that is a story for another day). Like I said: too many dumb ideas in a single head.
And now my YouTube just went from RHCP to stupid auditions for a talent show. I think that is my queue, a sign from above that I should stop procrastinating and try to write my 1500 words. I do plan to finish my first novel sometime this century.






No comments:

Post a Comment